Top 9 Cheapest Sources of Protein In India.
The Cheapest source of protein is mentioned in this article for vegetarians in India. The list includes 3 nonvegetarian and 7 vegetarian high-protein foods in India.
The Cheapest source of protein foods available in India.
Following are the 9 best cheapest sources of protein available in India.
- Tofu: Tofu is also known as soya paneer which is made from soya beans. Tofu is a vegan source of protein one serving of tofu is 100 grams. In 100 grams of tofu, you are getting about 15 grams of protein, 15 grams of carbohydrates and about 8 grams of fats.
- Fish: Whitefish is a lean source of protein, It does not have any carbohydrates and fats. Tilapia is one such fish and there are no other fishes like Salmon and Pomfret. Even though they are not a lean source of protein, they have essential fatty acids and in 100 grams of fish, you get 25 grams of protein. Fish is a great source of protein and should be included in your diet at least once a week.
- Paneer: Preparing paneer is a very common practice in India. You should simply heat up the milk. When the milk gets bubbled, you have to sprinkle lemon juice or vinegar into it and mix it well. The paneer will automatically get separated. If you are buying paneer from supermarkets, even then you can have 100-200 grams of paneer on a daily basis.
- Chicken breast: 100 grams of the chicken breast consists of 25 grams of protein. Chicken breast is a lean source of protein, It does not have any carbohydrates or fats.
- Legumes: legumes mean black kidney beans, chickpeas and black chana. All three have almost similar nutritional value and the cheapest sources of protein available in India.
- Milk: When I say milk, I mean low fat milk. This is on the grounds that full cream milk is stacked with soaked fat which you ought to maintain a strategic distance from. 500 ml of milk packet about 18 grams of protein and 24 grams of carbohydrates depends upon the brand and quality of the milk.
- Egg whites: 1 egg white has about 4 grams of protein, egg whites are a lean source of protein. Eggs are easily digested in the body and you can easily eat 5-6 egg whites in 1serving. Now, it is your choice if you want to have them as an omelet, bhurji or boiled.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are another best source of protein for vegetarians. 30 grams of peanuts will give you about 7 grams of protein. 7 grams of protein consists of 14 grams of fat, which is healthy fat and it is very important for the body. So you can have 2 servings of peanuts on a daily basis.
- Dal (Lentils): Lentils are nothing but dal, dals are a very important part of the Indian diet. So, there are different types of lentils. 100 grams of lentils/dal will give you18 grams of protein and about 40 grams of carbohydrates. Mix different types of lentils like green, yellow, red and black dal together, to get a complete source of protein. So, above are the high source of protein-rich foods in vegetarian protein meals and non-vegetarian protein meals.
Cheapest protein foods in India
Conclusion: Protein intake depends upon person-to-person body weight and daily activity. For better results contact a certified fitness trainer or a fitness expert.
Now cheapest sources of protein are easily available in India.
For more interesting topics click on the following names: